How should an in-flight emergency work in ATC-SIM? (ATC-SIM)

submitted by jlrwi to /forum/atc-sim

I've seen several request this as a feature, but I'm not sure what it would look like. I presume it would begin with a random airborne aircraft (arrival or departure) declaring an emergency. Ideally, how should ATC-SIM compel you to handle this appropriately? (Rather than letting you treat it like any other) For example, should the emergency aircraft be placed outside of your control somehow?

all comments

av8nut 0 points

I'm no programmer, but I have been an ATC-SIMMER for awhile, and have given this thought. It doesn't need to be too complicated. To keep it simple, yet effective in idea, I think what could be done is simply changing the color of the emergency aircraft to an orange (something other than the red that represents violations), a required runway for landing, and closing the runway after landing for a specific time period.

av8nut 0 points

Also, the emergency shall have control over speed. In other words, the user would only be able to issue directional clearances.

Another idea would be to have a time limit, thus the need to expedite the landing.

av8nut 0 points

Jay, do any of these suggestions seem reasonable from a programming standpoint? Just curious.

kingair 0 points

would it be wasted effort (what would you do once you get the info?) to ask crew for fuel and souls aboard?